Monday, April 1, 2013

HAVE A COOKIE


Sometimes, when I wanna a cookie but know I shouldn't be having one, I offer one to Joey. Then I'm having a cookie with my daughter, a moment, and it makes it somehow okay. But more than once, the following has happened:

Mommy: "You wanna cookie?"
Joey: "No thanks, I'm not hungry."
Mommy: stunned, stupefied pause. Then I slowly explain, more to myself then to her "I didn't ask you if were hungry, I asked if you wanted a cookie. The two have nothing to do with each other." 

My daughter is one of those skinny annoying bitches in the making.

It doesn't matter how good something tastes, or how much of a treat it is, candy, cookie, popcorn, favorite dinner... she doesn't eat past comfortably full. And she'll say no to the treat if she isn't hungry.

I, on the other hand, am normal. 
Donuts, cookies, candy, popcorn... that isn't food. If you're hungry, you don't eat that, you eat food. But if you WANT that flavor in your mouth, then you eat it. It really doesn't matter when you last ate food. 

Now I understand, rationally, that her way is healthier and that she just doesn't share the fat-girl-at-heart gene with me. She is her father. But I already miss my let's-share-a-pint-of-Ben-&-Jerry's partner that I never got the chance to have. 

On the bright side, I think Sam is going to love Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough!

No comments: