Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TRAITORS!!!

Who carried you in her belly for 9 months?
Who endured natural labor for you, because she only wants what's best for you?
Who was determined to breastfeed you, even after you made her bleed?
Who has nurtured and cared for you, stimulated you mentally and encouraged your physically, day and night for the past 6 months?

So how do you repay MAMA?
By saying DADA first!

I was trying to avoid this, but I have to admit defeat. Sam's 1st word is DADA. 
Mark and I, (and Joey too, who was, of course, on Daddy's side, DADA having been her 1st word too) have been debating what constitutes "indiscriminate" and "discriminate".

Babies make noises that sound like words before they actually say their first word. Sam has been saying  "Da-da-da-da-da..." for a while now. But I argued, and Mark agreed, because she was more singing it, not actually trying to call him with it, that it didn't count. That is what the books refer to as babbling and/or saying words indiscriminately.

But then she got sick. She was definitely calling for DaDa this past weekend while she was sick. Especially when she wanted to be saved from MaMa who was wiping her raw nose.

Mark is trying to comfort me by quoting the books that say that most babies say DaDa before they say MaMa simply because it is easier to say. The "Ma" is harder. 

Joey belongs to her Daddy. And I totally get it, being a Daddy's little girl myself. But I just one to belong to me! Maybe when we try for  the third, I'll get my Mama's boy. 

No comments: