Sunday, January 20, 2013

EASIER & EASIER

I can't tell you how many people told me "having another child is really like having 2 more children... it's that much extra work!"

I disagreed even before I had Sam.
I disagreed right afterwards. 
And I strongly disagree now, and feel comfortable enough putting it in print now.

Of course, it ALL depends on how many years apart your kids are, and how well behaved your first is. 
(Planned parenting & Good parenting)

1) You know what to expect. You've already been through this. That makes things easier. 
2) Joey is such a help. Honestly, I'dve been thrilled if all she was capable of was handing me the remote/tissue/cup of water when I've sat down to feed the baby and forgot to settle myself first. But she does so much more and WANTS to do it! Not only does she enjoy being a helper, she really enjoys her sister. She used to find ways to "play" with her even before she was sitting and crawling and really capable of playing like she can.

Having an older child as a helper makes having a another baby SO MUCH EASIER!!! Don't let others scare you. But do space your children so you can reap these benefits. Joey was 3 1/2 when Sam was born.

No comments: