Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SHE ISN'T NORMAL... FIX IT.

I took Joey to the doctor's yesterday.
The nurse asked me what was wrong.
"I don't know. She just isn't normal. Please fix her cause' this brat is not my child."

Turns out, she had a bad ear infection.
Her first.
She had not been pulling the ear, when I messed with it- she didn't mind, and her cantankerousness (yes I made that up, sounded better then bitchiness when I'm talking about my own child) would come and go in waves.

On the way to the doctor's office, she was so pleasant and smiling and happy in the back seat I was sure I was one of those paranoid parents who was taking their kid to the doctor for nothing.

But I was going to go crazy unless I found out if I was crazy or not.
And I'm not trying to say that I'm happy my child is sick, but I am happy that I'm not crazy.
And I won't wait so long before taking her to the doctor's next time.

NOTE TO MOTHERS*** Just not being herself is a completely justifiable reason to bring your kid to the doctor's office. Even if it is the only symptom you can name.

No comments: