Sunday, February 26, 2012

DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE



Top of the mornin' to ya!
With St. Patrick's day coming up, and Joey having her Irish heritage to learn about, I took out my copy of Darby O'Gill and the Little People


What is better then watching a Disney movie with Joey on a Sunday afternoon?
Watching one that has a pre-Bond Sean Connery singing "My pretty Irish Girl" in it.


Joey now knows that the Irish talk funny, spend a lot of time in the pub, play with Leprechauns and play the fiddle and dance a lot. 


I've explained to her that St. Patrick's day is a day to celebrate being Irish. You wear green, kiss people who are Irish, and grown ups drink lots of beer. She is asked if she could drink a lot, and I told her she could drink a lot of ginger ale. (Though not actually green, since it's in a green bottle, we pretend.)


Did I miss anything?

No comments: