Tuesday, October 27, 2009

LET THE SUN SHINE


Now that it isn't raining every afternoon and the humidity isn't at 99%, I'm starting to hand my clothes up outside again.
Mark and I actually got our power bill down to $104 one winter month.
  • We didn't have the air on; we had the windows open. (Our alarm is connected to the screens, and our windows crank open. That means we can have the windows open and the alarm on at the same time.)
  • I line dried the clothes. (HINT*** Take them down while they are still the slightest bit damp and finish them in the dryer for 5 to 10 minutes. They won't feel a bit like they were line dried, and you save ALL THAT POWER!!!)
  • We have all eco friendly lights. The outdoor spotlights really made a difference. Yes, the lights cost more up front, by a lot. But you make up your money immediately.

Some of you might think, but I don't want to look ghetto and have a clothes line up in the back yard.

Mark fixed that.

He put a eye hook into the side of the house, and one in the fence. He also put a boat cleat on the bottom of the fence. When I'm not using it, I wrap it up on the side of the fence post using the boat cleat and you don't even see it. It 's wire and I think it has a tension spring in it because it is easy to put on and take off and still stays taunt when I hang the clothes.

We save over a hundred dollars a month in the winter time.

What are you going to do with the money you save?

No comments: