Saturday, July 25, 2009

MINI LOBSTER SEASON


So, it's mini lobster season again.
Time to catch some lunch. And Dinner. And, well, breakfast too.
Problem is, I'm BOAT BITCH again. (Yes, that is an official term.) I'm our best lobsterer. Even Dad & Chris don't argue that. But last year I was pregnant, and could dive down. This year I messed up my ear. Last weekend, while we were scouting for spots, I didn't equalize properly when coming up from about 30 ft deep. The doctor says I have barometric trauma, and it will be weeks to months before my right ear stops being clogged.
Oh well. I will still be there next Wed & Thurs in a supporting role. A boat bitch takes care of the 3rd lung, the dive flag, the ladder, lobster that are brought up to the surface, keeping the boat neat... stuff like that. And I still take home some lobster.
That is the point, in the end.

No comments: