Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CHEROHALA SKYWAY

The Cherohala skyway is a lovely winding road that connects the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee and the Nathala National Forest in North Carolina. (Hence the name Cherohala skyway.)
It is a very popular way for motorcycles to get to The Tail of the Dragon from I75.
We took it on our way out. Dad and I rode motorcycles, Mom towed the empty trailer. I put a movie on for Sam, but I wanted Joey to pay attention to the beautiful scenery we were going to pass. So I gave her Mommy's fancy camera to take pictures of everything, so that Mommy could see them later, since I might miss something, paying attention to the road and all, while I was 
on the motorcycle.
When we pulled into the gas station before I75 an hour later, she had taken approximately 200 pictures.
But I didn't delete them all. I'm going to print some of them and put them in a little photo album for her.
Joey's trip on the skyway! 
Every time my mom thought of pointing something pretty out to her, she could hear the camera going off before she even said anything. 
Unfortunately, most of the pretty pictures came out blurry. Which will happen when you are taken pictures out of a moving car window.

But the point was for her to pay attention to the beauty she was passing and it worked!


Ooh la, la! How beautiful!

No comments: