Thursday, October 13, 2011

BEACHIN' WITH GRANDMA

Grandma, Joey and I went to the Raccoon Beach over Labor Day weekend. 
(Pics taken on Mark's waterproof camera and then forgotten about)

"Racoon Beach" is actually "Billy Baggs State Park". I called it Raccoon Beach growing up cause', well, obviously, cause' of all the raccoons that were there. (Saw one there this time too, but too quick for my camera.)
 You have to be 8 or older to climb to the top of the lighthouse so I only have the pic of Joey looking out the bottom window. But we did tour the keeper's house and the rest of the historic display. 
 Joey really loves to build sandcastles. More then being in the water, by far. (She totally ignores Grandma's engineering directions though, and I took pleasure out of watching that.)
 You know, it's a shame how infrequently we come to the beach, given we live in Miami.
I think we'll start coming more often. 

No comments: