Friday, August 6, 2010

KIDS SAY THE DARNEDEST THINGS

I was having a bad day.
It culminated with me grabbing a gallon of milk from the fridge and the milk tray and both gallons of milk dropping to the floor.

"GOD DAMN IT!"

That's what I yelled. Mark and Joey were in the other corner of the kitchen getting her water cup from her stool. I looked at them and took a deep breath to compose myself.

Joey then stood up, put her hands in the air, palms up, and said,
"What happened?"
Mark and I just laughed.
That is KaKi, through and through.
Whenever one of the kids falls, a toy gets stuck, someone gets hurt... anything, those hands come up and she asks with a big smile on her face "Uh... What happened?"

Kaki uses the word "Shit" often. And none of the kids have ever repeated her. Austin would just ask her "Happen Kaki?"

No comments: