Wednesday, December 16, 2009

FORGIVE ME MOTHER EARTH, FOR I HAVE SINNED.

Yesterday, I bought a box of Pampers & a box of Huggies.

Mea Kulpa.

We have been using either Earth Best or 7th Generation, those are the 2 chlorine free and environmentally friendly brands. And they have fit her fine.


But I did buy a box of pampers and Huggies once before, because between the newspaper coupons and my Publix Baby Club coupons it was like, $2.00. I must say, that the Pampers really do fit the best, are the easiest to attach, and smell pleasantly of baby powder.


But I know those blue lines running through the bottom are filled with yucky chemicals that have no business next to a baby's sensitive skin, they treat it with chlorine to make it look white and they don't biodegrade well in landfills.


Here is the thing,


When Joey reached stage 4 of the diapers, the Earth's Best stopped fitting. No, she doesn't belong in a 3 and she certainly isn't ready for a 5. The diaper is just too much of a rectangle to fit around those hips and that butt that her father gave her. It doesn't fit well. They have actually come unattached a few times. We never had a problem before this with our environmentally friendly brands.


So yesterday I broke down and bought 1 Pampers, 1 Huggie & 1 7th Generation so that I have all 4 brands to test simultaneously.


I will post my results in a week or so.


**Note - I did not buy the Huggies Organic. I know, you would think I would. But they are just too expensive. My concern was that the diapers be environmentally friendly and not have chemicals that irritate Joey's skin. The brands that I was using did that without having to be organic. In fact, I think one was made from recycled materials.

No comments: