Friday, December 4, 2009

BABY TALK

I didn't realize how hard it would be to recognize Joey's first words.

She's been saying DaDa since before she knew what it meant. But when was the precise moment that we realized she knew what she was saying? 6 months?

When did she actually call out for me with MaMa? 8 months?

She's been saying Nite Nite for a while, but it only became obvious to me about a month ago that she was asking to go Nite Nite. And if you ask her, while she is rubbing her eyes and putting her head on your shoulder, if she wants to go Nite Nite she will repeat it Nite Nite Nite...

Mark things she is trying to say Milk.
My aunt Vesna in Ohio swears she said Doggie several times when we were there a month & 1/2 ago.

But it is so much harder to distinguish these words then you think. I just assumed that I would recognize Mil for Milk. Or whatever. But it isn't easy to distinguish between honest attempts at words and wishful thinking on your own part. The later is what keeps me from telling people what words she is saying. I'm just not sure sometimes.

No comments: