Thursday, August 30, 2012

IRONIC


So I sell ice cream, milk & juice to public schools in 9 counties.
Wouldn't it be Ironic if I couldn't eat dairy?

Samantha has a sensitivity to dairy. I can't eat it, since I'm breastfeeding.
At first, I was in denial and thought it must be the formula we are supplementing her with. 
But after 2 weeks of trying different formulas, only breastmilk, only formula, breast milk with dairy and without, it is very obvious that she becomes painfully gassy when I consume dairy. 
Apparently it is quite common, and doesn't mean that she will be allergic when she is older. (Mark had to be on Soy formula when he was a baby but had no problems with dairy as a child.)

I really didn't know if I could go non dairy. I crave it. I think what I am experiencing is akin to quitting smoking. 
And Soy milk tastes like ass. 
But it is ok enough to put in cereal, and the soy yogurt is doable. 
It is the cheese that I miss the most. 
And I am cheating in small amounts, to test what I can get away with. She is pretty sensitive. The cooked cheese in the frozen pizza made her a little more gassy the next day. 

Well, breast is what's best for my baby and so suffer through I shall!

No comments: