Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'M GONNA TELL MADDIE'S DADDY

The other day, Joey was using my IPhone, because she had told me she had to go pee-pee and did it.
But it was time to leave and I asked for my phone back and she was not acting bratty, putting the phone behind her head and not wanting to give it back. After retrieving the phone, I went to pop her hand and she moved it and I brushed her side. She look up at me, so indignantly:


Joey: "I'm telling Maddie's Daddy."
Mommy: (one long blink of comprehension) "What?"
Joey" "I'm telling Maddie's Daddy that you hit me."
Mommy: (Laughter) "Baby, you go right on ahead. Mommy and Daddy are allowed to pop you when you're being a bad girl. It's you that can't hit anybody."


Doyle, AKA "Maddie's Daddy", has had to send Joey to look at the wall for popping Maddie.
Maddie had snatched Joey's crayon out of her hand, or something to that nature. So Joey calmly picked up her hand and popped it and told her no. (Maddie is 8 months older then Joey.) She didn't wack at her, like a hitting style, she was very purposefully popping her hand.


So Doyle is probably the one that is telling her not to hit the most, so he is the authority figure that sprang to mind.


She's never tried anything like this at school.One time, last year, she was apparently laying into one of the offending boys with her tongue, though, just reprimanding away:


"No! You can not do that! You're a bad boy! You wait your turn!" (imagine the hardness in her voice and the emphasis on certain syllables, like a parent who is trying to sound hard without actually raising their voice. She has got that down.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muahahahaahaha!!!