Wednesday, July 6, 2011

RADIO WARS

Joey and I had an disagreement in the car yesterday over what music to listen to.

Joey: "Mommy, I want to listen to FIXIN' TO DIE."

Mommy: "No, we just listened to it twice, we are going to listen to the next song now."

Joey: "No Mommy, I don't want Sunshine, I want FIXIN' TO DIE."

I was struck by the thought that probably no mother and 2 year old have ever had this conversation before.
My child is an expert at all things Disney and classic rock & blues music.

She recognizes most any STONES song.
When a song has a particularly good guitar rift or solo, she'll ask if it is CLAPTON.
She LOVES songs that feature the harmonica. (It's her favorite instrument. Perhaps because she knows how to play it.)
Don't get me wrong, booty music has it's place and is fun to dance to.
But I'm glad she has a taste for fine music.

No comments: