Wednesday, April 20, 2011

POTTY TRAINING STINKS

There are things that Joey does well, and then there is potty training.

If I'm being fair, I guess we are having a normal, run-of-the-mill potty training experience.
Reading the books, It is supposed to take a while, with many accidents and with periods of regression after success.
But Joey has done everything else up to this point early, fast and well.
I'll be honest, it's a disappointment.
I'm not disappointed in her, but myself.
But I don't see anything else we could be doing differently, and she is doing well enough that I don't think we should do the "stop and try again in a few months" thing.

She just can't seem to tell us when she needs to go with enough advance warning.
But if you tell her to go potty every 45 minutes or so, she'll go on the potty.
She can give you a minute warning with poo poo, sometimes.
She was giving us a 30 second warning pee pee, with maybe a little dribble before she stops it.
But that was before her UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).
Now she is having more pee-pee accidents, I'm sure a side effect from her experience.

M&M's work.
Self dependence works. (She did much better once she could do it herself, pull her clothes up and down.)
Underwear work. (She does better in underwear then pull-ups)

All we can do is solider on in the fight against the potty.

No comments: