Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'M PREGNANT: FAQS

1) When are you due?

My due date is our anniversy, May 15. But I only carried Joey to 38 weeks. However, I think they will alter my expected due date at the next sonogram. I think it will be later by a week or two.

2) (The question everyone thinks by doesn't always ask) Was this planned?

Yes, we meant to. I'm a big planner. Joey should be out of diapers by then, and that was the basic requirement along with not being very pregnant during the Miami summer.

3) Are you going to find out if it is a boy or girl?

No. Mark and I like the surprise. Also, I have plenty of hand me down clothes for either. By not knowing what I'm having, people don't buy clothes for me and instead buy useful gifts. (Also part of the master plan.)

4) What are you hoping for?

Either. Honestly. Mark really seems to want a little sister for Joey. I want a boy, but not yet. If I have a boy now, then we'll have the pair and I'm supposed to stop. If we have another girl, then I'm allowed to try for a boy later. I want more than 2 kids. So, either would be great.

5) Are you considering any names?

Mark isn't as excited about Keith Richard for a boy anymore. So we have no boy names. I would really like to name a girl Florence, after my great aunt "Dode." We would then call her "Flory", which was his great grandma's name. There would be a lot of family connection with that name, and I think it's pretty but I am getting vetoed by more than just Mark.
My second favorite, and everyone else's 1st, is Elizabeth. We really like old fashioned names. Also, there is almost a family history.
True Story: My grandma Craven was sure she was going to have a girl for her 3rd child. She was going to name her Elizabeth. Instead she got my uncle Tom. My father named him.

6) Are you going to give birth in a tub again?

Yes, my birthing plans remain basically the same. I had a fabulous birthing experinece with Joey and want to do it all the same.I have returned to the Miami Maternity Center and will give birth naturally, under the care of a midwife, and labor in the tub. However, Mark wants to have a more intimate affair this time. So while there will be plenty of family there, when it comes time, it might only be Mark and I in the room. Hey, I had Joey my way, he deserves to have one his way too.

7) Any room decor plans already?

The new baby will take over Joey's room (which is tropical Mickey/Minnie) and we are going to turn the front bedroom / office into Joey's room. We think we are going to go with a bold yellow and red Mickey theme, but it seems to be easier said then done. We think we still want gender neutral for Joey, because her little brother/sister will play in there too, but have not completely ruled out giving Joey a princess room. She is girly (though not a sissy, an important distinction.)

8) Aren't you working right now? What are your work plans for the next one?

I have stepped up my hours for the 1st half the the school year to help my parents. But that is temporary. I will be returning to my status as The-Not-So-Stay-At-Home-Mom before the next baby is born.

9) And the answer to the question that no one thinks to ask:

Yes, both of my babies (Joey and the one that is coming) will have been to Disney in utero!

1 comment:

The Packlers said...

oh oh oh.. i got a question!!!

Will you do newborn pictures? I TOTALLY REGRET not doing them with Kennedy!